Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

BI Export - working days and elapsed duration

4 replies [Last post]
Dariusz C
User offline. Last seen 2 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

In my model I extract tasks data according to line below from model file:

<Column name="DurationDays" datatype="Duration" group="Date" formula="Duration / '1d'"/>

The problem is that some tasks have duration in working days and some of them in elapsed days, please look at attached screenshot for more details.
Working days are not a problem at all. Problem is with elapsed duration

working_vs_elapsed.png

What should I do to get durations in format I have in Powerproject into the same table?

Thank you in advance for any hint!

Replies

Dariusz C

Hi Ben

Thanks for that. This is exactly what I did:

<Column name="DurationDays" datatype="Duration" group="Date" formula="If(IsElapsedTime(duration) = TRUE, Duration / '1ed', Duration / '1d')"/>

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 48 min ago. Offline

Hi Dariusz,

There are several potential solutions to this.  The simplest is to add a column that tells you if a task is a Working or Elapsed:

<Column name="ElapsedStatus" datatype="Boolean" group="Date" formula="IsElapsedTime(duration)" />  

Cheers,

Ben @ Powerproject 

Dariusz C

Hi Mike

Thanks for reply and warm welcome ;)

It's not about Asta Powerproject itself but BI Controller.

These elapsed durations you could see in screenshot are OK, my entire plan contains days and elapsed days.

The problem is coming when I want to export Powerproject data to external datasource.

For example I've got 2 tasks:

Task 1   , 2d duration

Task 2, 2ed duration

Model files has formula for duration and it "force" to write durations in days:

formula="Duration / '1d'"

But for Task 2 it will return incorrect value becasue of elapsed units...

With formula:

formula="Duration / '1ed'"

it will return correct values for durations expressed in elapsed days (Task 2), but not for working days (Task 1).

Still with me? :)

I can't find any way to export correct durations via BI Controller regardless of duration units used for tasks.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Dariusz - welcome to planning planet.

Right click the duration table - select Format Cells - Left click Duration - select your format "Day".

Best regards

Mike T.