Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Exporting Historgram to Excel

2 replies [Last post]
Austin Robinson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello all, could someone please help me get my histograms exported to an excel document? I am confused as to how this process works exactly. I've created a monthly costs and project s curve histograms. I need these to be exported to an excel document so they can stand alone from the project schedule pages. When I go to export them it asks for a template. This is where i get stuck. I do not know where to get a template or what it exactly it requires it for. If anyone could be of assitance it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Austin

Replies

Chris Wilson
User offline. Last seen 42 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have exported data using the histonochart template this however gives me the rsource or cost item in the columns and the date/ alocation in rows. Does anyone know how to transpose this data before it is in excel so that the dates are the columns and resource/ cost allocaton are the rows?

Regards

Chris

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Austin Welcome to Planning Planet

If you right click the histogram and at the bottom there is Export to Excell.

You then have a choice of templates.

If you just want the data then select histnochart.xlt.

Other templates will generate the data and the chart.

Best regards

Mike Testro