Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

ODBC Export

1 reply [Last post]
Brian Bowie
User offline. Last seen 19 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello All

I am trying to export data from Powerproject to Excel for editing, prior to importing it back into Powerporject. I havv been trying to use the ODBC export facility but wihtout much success. I get as far as "Create Tables" for a new data source but after clicking on the "Create Tables" button nothing happens. I have spoken to Asta but they haven’t been much help. Can anyone here shed any light on where I may be going wrong.

Thanks in advance

Replies

Jonathan Kirby
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None
Brian
I recently had an initial problem similar to this with exporting reports to excel files, you problem may be similar.
With the ASTA support people , we discovered the target file locations were blank and the salient report styles template [needed to run the process] was not being found. The solution was to go to Tools, Options, File locations and modify the file locations to look in the right place.

eg Tabular Report Styles Path = c:programme filesAstaAsta power projectTabReportStyles
similarly HTML is as above plus HTMLstyles
hope it helps.
JK