Has your question already been answered?

Get a quicker response; before you post, why not search to see if it has already been answered

The pros and cons to export file from mp to pp8.

2 replies [Last post]
Paola Veas
User offline. Last seen 7 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all,

Is it really reliable to export file from mp to asta project?

I have set up both programmes with the same characteristics, like weather and standar calendars, durations, etc.
Once I have exported a file from mp to pp, Can I assume the files are exactly the same or I should do a few changes to fix some lost information?

Cheers

Paola Veas
Assistant Planning Engineer
New Zealand - Chile

Replies

Daya Sugunasingha
User offline. Last seen 10 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
You always have to check each item/task against the original after converting to ensure that it is correct.
Do not just export and hope for the best or trouble awaits you.
DS
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 26 min 12 sec ago. Offline
Paola,
MS Project does not handle project schedules the same way as Powerproject or Sciforma PS8 or Primavera P3; nor do the different versions of MSP.
Before switching a schedule from one system to the other, you should check the options being active in both system: open Tools, Options, Schedule in MS Project, take note of the options and set up PP8 as close as possible as you have in MSP.
I have a longer and more accurate experience in migrating projects from MSP to PS8 one way or the other, and I know a lot of reason for projects not migrating easily.
Have a good day when you wake up in NZ.
Alexandre
PS Please send me a sample MSP schedule for testing