Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PowerProject file

3 replies [Last post]
Mohamed Hegab
User offline. Last seen 3 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I am planning to use PowerProject. I usually use P6 or MS Project but not PP. I wonder if someone can send me a real schedule file in PP to test it and decide if I should use it or not. I appreciate if someone can email it to me at greatfargo@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi Mo

If you have a P6 file that can be saved as P3 then Powerproject will convert P3 back and forward.

Otherwise send me an email at planning.services@xlninternet.co.uk and I will talk about sending you a file.

Best regards

Mike Testro.

ps to all you other PP vultures - this is for mo he OK.

Mohamed Hegab
User offline. Last seen 3 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Mike,

I did that and tried to open a p6 file on there but it was not a great idea. I thought if I see a real project on pp, it would be more realistic.

Thanks,
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi Mo

Go to the Astadev.com website and download a trial version - free of charge for 14 days.

Best regards

Mike Testro