Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Comparing Baselines and finish variance

3 replies [Last post]
Chris Wilson
User offline. Last seen 46 weeks 22 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I have created a programme and created baseline(1) then shown impact of delays by rescheduling and created a further baseline (2)

I have then added further delays and rescheduled again to give the ovoerall delay.

I can find the overall delay by comparing live data to baseline (1) and displaying finish variance column howeverr I am looking to split the repsonibility of the delays. 

Is there a way you can show the finish variance between baseline (1) and (2) in one column and the overall finish variance in  another.

So far I have managed to create finish variance columns for the  second delay by comapring finish to baseline (2) and overall delay by comparing finish with baseline (1)  but as the first dealy is comparing two baselines rather than live data I cant think iof how to do this.

I have thought about creating formula based on overall and second delay but not sure how to do this .

Any advice?

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Chris

The hammock bar will have its own set of data in the columns.

You can create a hammock effect between baselines and live dates by using milestones aligned to the baseline and fixed with a flag and and another linked to the live data and then summarised.

Best regards

Mike T.

Chris Wilson
User offline. Last seen 46 weeks 22 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Mike,

I take it I add the hammock bar to the live data, this will give me a visual but looking to quantify in a columnn aswell.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Chris

Display the baselines on their own lines and you can see the dates for each one.

You can then disply the delay periods for each section using hammock bars.

Best regards

Mike T.