Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Comparing Baseline finish date and finish date

6 replies [Last post]
Kinnar Patel
User offline. Last seen 6 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
Anyone knows how to setup filter which can compare any diffrences in the baseline finish date and finish date in the programme. I want this for creating a report.
I appreciate help.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers !!
Kinnar

Replies

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Variance BL Finish NE 0

Kinnar Patel
I have 400 activities in the programme.
How can i set filter in a report wizard to show the changes?
A D
I wud suggest u to go for a filter with:

a) Longest PATH EQ YES
b) Early Dates WR ....... .......

If its a 40000 activity program & there is a major delay, then most of the activities finish date will definitely change.

Above two filters will give u the best result. Add BL start & finish AND varinace column.

If u want to create report, then u can go to TOOLS --> Reports --> Reports. U can have use standard reports or u can modify them as per your needs.

BTW, how many activities r there in ur program?

Cheers,
Kinnar Patel
HI Raviraj,
Thanks for your reply. WHat exactly i want to do is:
I have a programme and we have a bi-weekly review meeting. I want to create a report which shows the activities which finish dates are changed from previous week. I can add column and compare, but i want to create a report, so i can run and present in a meeting.
Cheers!!
Kinnar
A D
Hi Patel,

Do u want to comapre date by Date? Then add two more columns of BL1 Start & BL1 Finish. This will give you difference between target & current update dates.

You may also add VARIANCE COLUMN to compare the difference in days.

If u want to compare two different programs, then you may please use CLAIM Digger to compare required parameters.

Cheers,
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
not sure what you want, i supposed columns will do (don’t need to filter)