Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing XML file into Asta

1 reply [Last post]
amir azadi
User offline. Last seen 7 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

i tried to import a  XML file to Asta, for some reason Asta Split  whatever task longer than 4 days into  several new tasks and roll it up under one task. Is there any way that i can stop this, is there any option in Asta that limits the maximum duration of one Activity?

With Thanks

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Amir

I never seem to have any problem importing Microsoft xml files into Asta - it is probably something in the source file that is causing the split.

You can try lining up the split tasks and use the Split/Join function to join them into a single task.

Best regards

Mike T.