Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6 Professional v18.8 XML file import fails

6 replies [Last post]
Steve Montgomery
User offline. Last seen 4 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 computer. I recently updated Primavera P6 Professional to verion 18.8. Unfortunately, now my XML file imports fail everytime I try to import a P6 XML file or a MSP XML file. Imports fail for both a standalone MSSQL database and a SQLite database.

An example log file from a failed P6 XML import is below.

Any input?

Prism.Modularity.ModuleInitializeException: An exception occurred while initializing module 'CommandLineModule'.     - The exception message was: One or more errors occurred.    - The Assembly that the module was trying to be loaded from was:Primavera.Mercury.CommandLineModule, Version=18.8.0.29254, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null    Check the InnerException property of the exception for more information. If the exception occurred while creating an object in a DI container, you can exception.GetRootException() to help locate the root cause of the problem.    ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Steve'.   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)   at Primavera.Mercury.Importer.ImportOptionsReader.ReadImportOptionsFromFile(String aFile)   at Primavera.Mercury.CommandLineModule.ExecuteImportExport.GetImportOptionsFromXmlOptionsFile(String aFile)   at Primavera.Mercury.CommandLineModule.ExecuteImportExport.<DoImport>d__67.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)   at Primavera.Mercury.CommandLineModule.ExecuteImportExport.<Execute>d__63.MoveNext()   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)   at Primavera.Mercury.CommandLineModule.CommandLineModule.Initialize()   at Prism.Modularity.ModuleInitializer.Initialize(ModuleInfo moduleInfo)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---Failed to load type for module CommandLineModule. Error was: An exception occurred while initializing module 'CommandLineModule'.     - The exception message was: One or more errors occurred.    - The Assembly that the module was trying to be loaded from was:Primavera.Mercury.CommandLineModule, Version=18.8.0.29254, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null    Check the InnerException property of the exception for more information. If the exception occurred while creating an object in a DI container, you can exception.GetRootException() to help locate the root cause of the problem.   .--Steve

Replies

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline

You need access to Oracle Support, which is part of the maintenance paid with a Primavera License:

Patch 29647340: ORACLE PRIMAVERA P6 PROFESSIONAL 18.8.8.0
Last Updated 15-Apr-2019 17:00 (17 days ago)
Product Primavera P6 Professional Project Management
Release Primavera P6 Professional Project Management 18.8.0.0.0
Platform Generic Platform
Size 234.5 MB
Download Access Software
Classification General
Patch Tag
Bugs Resolved by This Patch
List of bugs fixed is not available. Consult the Readme.

Issues Resolved in 18.8.8.0

The following Oracle Support issues are resolved in 18.8.8.0. Select the Fixed Version and Component for complete list of releases from P6 Professional 18.8.1.0.

Fixed Version:

Component:     

Version

Component

Bug ID

Title

P6PRO

PM.EXE IS NOT RESPONDING WHEN IMPORTING THE LARGE SPREADSHEET XLSX

ERROR: "ONLY ONE DRIVING PROJECT IS PREMISSIBLE PER FILE." IMPORTING XML PROJECT USING P6 INTEGRATION API

UNABLE TO EXPORT OR IMPORT XLSX COST ACCOUNT HIERARCHY CORRECTLY

XML IMPORT FAILES WITH "SEVERE: FOR INPUT STRING: "6.000" JAVA.LANG.NUMBERFORMATEXCEPTION"

IMPORT MSP XML (THAT WAS EXPORTED FROM P6) ERROR INTO P6 PPM WITH MSSQL DATABASE (NOT SQLITE)

PROJECT AUTOMATICALLY DELETED WHEN IMPORTED A .XER PROJECT

XML IMPORT => OBJECT REFERENCE NOT SET TO AN INSTANCE OF AN OBJECT.

XML IMPORT FAILS WITH "PRISM.MODULARITY.MODULEINITIALIZEEXCEPTION: AN EXCEPTION OCCURRED WHILE INITIALIZING MODULE 'COMMANDLINEMODULE'."

VISUALIZER LAYOUT DISPLAYS INCORRECTLY FOR MANY USERS

Nouman Zia
User offline. Last seen 3 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi, 

I also trying to search the work around about this issue. Can any one post the solutin Please?

Regards.

Steve Montgomery

I went to the Oracle site at https://edelivery.oracle.com. The latest version of P6 Professional was 18.8. I could not find any patches that were later than 18.8.0.0.

Any input?

Steve Montgomery

You indicate that the patch fix is for P6 EPPM v18.8.5. My problem is with P6 Professional and not P6 EPPM. Is there a patch fix for P6 Professional v18.8?

Steve Montgomery

Thanks for the input!

I don't have Oracle maintenance support. Do you know the site or link where I can download and install the patch?

--Steve

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline

You can find out more about this from the Oracle Support site, that have access to through a Customer Support Identifier that is provided as part of your maintenance and support with Oracle.

"This issue has been resolved and the fix has been included as part of the P6EPPM18.8.5 Patch Set. All subsequent Patch Sets for this release version will also include the fix."

Look for Doc ID 2517301.1