Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Is there a shortcut way of entering progress on ASTA?

3 replies [Last post]
Yasine Ali
User offline. Last seen 4 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello everyone, 

I was wondering if there was a shortcut way of entering progress into ASTA activities.

I know that you can select the little box on the bottom corner and also use the mouse to drag percentage on the actual bar.

However I was wondering if there was a way where you could just click the bar and then enter a number on the keyboard for a % of how much has been completed.

Replies

Farhad Khondaker
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia

Cheers guys, very helpful!

Yasine Ali
User offline. Last seen 4 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Mike

Thank you for that

Just tried it

You have to use "paste values" instead of "paste" option

Works a treat thanks!

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Yasine - welcome to planning planet.

Yes my method is very quick

Set your progress percentages into a spreadsheet against each task.

Make sure that the tasks on the Asta view are lined up with the spreadsheet - I do this by filtering the tasks with no restraints so only the tasks show.

It is essential that they DO line up.

Set up the chart progress column to show percent complete - save this as a view called progress entry.

Make sure your progess period is set to the correct data date.

Now copy / paste all the spreadsheet percent numbers into the progress column and reschedule - job done in 3 minutes max - even with 10,000 tasks.

Give it a try.

Best regards

Mike Testro