Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing: PDF to ASTA?

4 replies [Last post]
Camilla Davitt
User offline. Last seen 5 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All, 

An odd question; is anyone aware of a way to import a PDF* back into ASTA? I have inherited a few historic programmes and it would be nice to not have to re-create them! 

Many thanks, C

*to clarify, the document is a PDF of an ASTA file.

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Steve

I have tried it - even by cropping the picture to show just the  columns - it doesn't work.

Now I just get someone to copy type into excell and then copy paste into PowerProject - it is still useless without the logic or the calendars.

When using this .pdf evidence in a delay analysis I use a Projected As Built method which tribunals like.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Stephen Tippins
User offline. Last seen 23 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Just a thought you can put a pdf into excel / word  using a full pdf editor programme I haven't tried it with an asta pdf, at the worst it won't work at best you may get the programme task descriptions and task dates - may save a lot of typing??

Let me know if it works

Steve

Camilla Davitt
User offline. Last seen 5 years 15 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mike, 

Thank you for your welcome. 

I asusmed as much, thank you for clarifying.

Best, C

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Camilla - Welcome to planning plannet

I am often faced with this problem and there is no way that a .pdf can be imported to a PowerProject file.

Particularly the logic is hidden together with all the other data such as float and calendars.

You may be able to export an image to word or excell via JPEG but youwill not get the true and full picture.

If such a document is the only evidence in a delay analysis I have to use a Projected as Built method.

Best regards

Mike Testro