Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

% Progress Display Different in Jagged View

1 reply [Last post]
Tom Morgan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Hi,

I have noticed that my Planned and Actual % complete totals on the summary bars change when I view my project in 'Jagged View'

Normal view shows 8.84%

Jagged View shows 9.12%

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks in advance

Tom Morgan

Replies

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Tom,

I've spoken to our support team (it's a relatively quiet day!) and they have some advice, but for a quick answer it's always worth asking them directly as there might be a couple of things going on they'd need to investigate...

However, it is possible you haven't calculated your overall % weightings. It will be done automatically when you create a baseline but if you add tasks afterwards they might not have weightings. If you right-click on a summary and select "Calculate task weightings" it will calculate everything in the summary, so usually that's one of the first steps.

If that still doesn't help, please do contact the support team.  During the Christmas period, our UK office will close at 3.30pm tomorrow and reopen at 9 am on Thursday 2nd. However, a limited support service will be available on Friday 27th Dec between 9 am and 4 pm plus on the 30th & 31st Dec between 9 am and 5 pm. To contact the UK support team, call 01844 261609 or email support@astadev.com.

Cheers and have a good Christmas,

Ben @ Asta