Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Anyone done a shutdown project using Asta before??

4 replies [Last post]
Craig Adams
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Have the possibility of joining a Mining shutdown 3 weeks out from start, anyone had this experience / exposure before?

Schedule exists in MSP (only seen PDF copy so far) but I'd like to use Asta.

Any assistance / advice appreciated.

Replies

Mike,

it was but was less known than today. So it is not strange that 10 years ago you did not not know about its capabilities.

Spider Project was used for Caspian Pipeline Construction planning 15 years ago and was used for shutdown planning before and after.

Regards,

Vladimir

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Vladimir

Good point but I don't think Spider was widly available 8 years ago.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Mike,

PowerProject is not the only available option. You forgot about Spider.

The rest is right.

Best Regards,

Vladimir

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Craig

I was involved in a similar project when planning the switchover from one old district sub station to a new one.

I was the planner for the contractor and EDF asked me to plan the switchover in P3. (MSP would be worse)

I soon convinced them that since the time unit was to be in minutes PowerProject was the only available option.

With one of the EDF engineers at my shoulder it took me three days to get the sequences and resources balanced using at least 6 work patterns and three calendars.

So yes it can be done as long as you are with someone who knows how it is done.

Best regards

Mike Testro