Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Gaps in Critical Path

1 reply [Last post]
Craig Adams
User offline. Last seen 12 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Planners,

Am having difficulty in schedule I've created where I've assigned particular resources that use a 5 day calendar instead of the 6 day applied to the rest of the project.

All good as I know no concrete pours will occour on a Saturday however the critical path now sees a gap between the tasks and doesn't show for these tasks now.

Can work around by entering 1 day gap to show nearly critical but when you filter by critical it only shows those with 0 gap - true critical path.

Anyone had this issue and found a fix?

Kind regards,

Craig Adams

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Craig

There will always be problems when different calendars clash on a single task with multiple resources.

Do you have a single task for "pour concrete"?

That would be a way to solve your problem - set the 5 day calendar on the Pour Concrete task and on the resource modelling dialogue tick the "use task calendar" button.

Best regards

Mike Testro