Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Hide Progressed Tasks

2 replies [Last post]
Craig Adams
User offline. Last seen 12 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Fello Astrall travellers,

Firstly, how come I’m the only one posting questions of late has everyone else worked out everything and I’m the only dumb arse left???

Well regardless, must be slow or something, my question is about the hide if task progressed. Brilliant tool and works a treat, but then can’t seem to switch it off.

Unselected - no luck

Refreshed view (with unselcted of course) - no luck

Closed Asta and re-started - no cigar

Shook monitor and tapped with hammer - still no cigar!

Is there a secret button that one has to turn off? Tried support - they ignored the question.

Oh wise ones of the cyber world please enlighten.

Kind regards,

craig Adams

Replies

Craig Adams
User offline. Last seen 12 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Mike,

It’s "Hide pregressed sections when filter applied" it’s in the filter properties.

I found the solution. The issue was I’d selected hide progressed tasks when I created a filter. This apparently then ticked the "Uncompleted" box in the Progress section of the format bar.

When I switched off the filter I expected to see my completed work again, not the case.

You have to untick "Uncompleted", it doesn’t untick itself.

Kind regards,

Craig Adams
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi Craig

I assume you are using the toggle buttons in:

Format > Barchart > Progress > Drawing

With three Options

All Completed Uncompleted

You mention "hide if task progressed" I have not been able to find this particular function - even in the "hide marked items" format.

Let me know where you found it.

Best regards

Mike Testro