Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Layout on print preview

2 replies [Last post]
Christine P
User offline. Last seen 9 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi all

How do i change the size of columns please when I go to print preview. On my chart I have a WBN colunm with my own numbers in (1-2768) that I can set to a width of 10. When I do a print preview though, the column is so wide, it must be about size 30 easy and it makes my page look messy.

Can anyone please advise how to format the column widths for printouts?

Many thanks

Replies

Christine P
User offline. Last seen 9 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Mike

Many thanks for your reply.

I have had to renumber everything again and this time, the column is better fitted to the width of the WBN number and now it prints out with a reasonable sized width column!

I dont know what I did but it now works :)

Christine

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Christine

Have you tried to print the chart anyway - sometimes the preview does not replicate the actual printed layout.

Otherwise highlight the column and right click to show properties.

In table definition there is a box showing column width - set this to your required size.

There is also function that sets the column width to fit largest font in Print > Appearance > Spreadsheet > Fit largest font.

With longer text strings you can set the column to wrap the text.

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Mike Testro