Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Non-working weekend display

8 replies [Last post]
Laurie Willis
User offline. Last seen 11 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I’m currently trying out Powerproject 9 and have come across a bug which seems to sill exist. Now, I’m wondering if it is a bug at all and whether there is something I am doing wrong.

The calendar we use does not include weekends, so we create a simple Calendar using the Calendar Wizard and choose to leave the weekend check boxes blank in the Wizard. We then set that Calendar as the default Calendar for new tasks.

On the bar chart, we DO want to show the weekend and it be highlighted as non-working time. To display this, we go to Format, Date Zone and, with the default Calendar set as the folding Calendar, uncheck Weekend. And here is the problem.

The display on the bar chart now goes really wide, much wider than for working days! It looks horrible. Is this a bug or something that can be fixed?

Thanks, Laurie

Replies

David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 7 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Alternatively Laurie you could go to one of the Powerproject User Group meetings. The new season is about to start, they are free if you are a registered user, and there is awlays a chance to ask expert users (uncluding Asta representatives) the answer to all those niggling problems.

(sorry A F-B, don’t mean to do you out of any business!)
Laurie Willis
Alexandre,

Thanks so much that works! Use a folding calendar for the view and a different calendar for applying to tasks. You cannot believe how long that has stumped me for!

Laurie
Laurie Willis
Hi again,

OK, I’ve followed you this time. The days are same widths apart, but now tasks are scheduled to be worked on over the weekend, which should not be the case.
Laurie Willis
Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for your reply. However, I’m not sure I understand the 2nd step! Is this after I have created the Calendar? Which dialog box do I set this in?

Thanks, Laurie