Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Questions??

8 replies [Last post]
Michael Crawley
User offline. Last seen 18 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Replies

Paola Veas
User offline. Last seen 13 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hi all!

I’ve got astaproject V8 including xml files.
I’ve tried to export files from microsoft project to asta project, but doesn’t work.
Asta can not open xml file when they come from microsoft project.

Does anybody know why?

Regards

Paola Veas
Daya Sugunasingha
User offline. Last seen 16 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Micheal
I have done it on previous versions of powerproject with an add-on software which I got from ASTA.
Speak to ASTA they probably have one for V8
Daya
Michael Crawley
Thank you for your reply alexandre.
Michael Crawley
Does anyone know if it is possible to update powerproject automatically from an excel spreadsheet?

for example: if you had multiple projects and weren’t based on site, would it be possible for you to have someone on site unfamiliar with PP updating a progress sheet in excel, that could then import directly back into PP automatically updating the progress.

I was thinking of trying to write a macro of some kind or some kind of hyperlink to do the job. the biggest problem that i am coming across with it is that the spreadsheet area within PP does not have unique cells only unique lines.

any help would be appreciated.
Michael Crawley
couple of questions hope someone can help.

1.Does anyone know how to get powerproject V8 to show a pictorial network type representation of task relationships and float?????.
I know i could work out the forward and backward pass myself then draw it. but i would like to be able to show and print it through the software.

2.When i summarise groups of activities, by floor etc, the percent complete of the summary does not tally up to what it should actually be. this only happens when i have more than one resource assigned to a task, 2 electricians for example. am i doing something wrong here? please help.