Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Another Question

1 reply [Last post]
Michael Crawley
User offline. Last seen 18 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is it possible for PP V8 to increase or decrease resources allocated to a task automatically when the effort is changed, rather than change the task duration?

For example a task 1wk duration 40hr calendar, 80hrs of effort. ( 2 resource units reqd ). Scope underestimated now 120hrs of effort, duration must still be 1wk. when I change the effort the duration increases to suit.I then increase the resource allocation appropriately to bring the duration back to it’s original location. but i would like the software to keep the duration and increase the resources to suit. is this possible?

This is useful in more extreme examples where the effort in many tasks changes and changes significantly and you want to quickly see the affect that these changes have on your resource profile. you may then have to go back to the client and tell them that the original durations are not achievable.

Hopefully someone can give me a solution to this

Replies

Michael Crawley
User offline. Last seen 18 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Sorry everyone disregard my last post iv’e found how to do it, by changing the calculated parameter within the task allocation tab.

sorry again