Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Skills - Partial Workload

2 replies [Last post]
Bogdan Leonte
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Vladimir,

I need a little help understandin partial workload and skills.

As far as I know (and tried) you cannot assign partial workload at the skill level, only at the resource level in the skill. when doing so Spider doesn't apply the partial workload if the skills have 100 workload, even though the resources inside the skill are set for partial workload.

However, if you assign the value of the minimal workload to the skill workload then Spider applies the partial workload to the rest of the activities.

Here are pictures:

1. Both activities with skills have 100 workload and partial workload to resource:

https://ibb.co/VWdXrQm

2. One activity has skill at the minimum workload of the resources and the other is at 100:

https://ibb.co/SdLdRL9

Best regards,
Bogdan

Replies

Bogdan Leonte
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

My mistake for incomplete description:

Resource A and Resource B will be named resources, say John and Mary.

In order to schedule John and Mary and not 2 John or 2 Mary I used Resource Constrained Scheduling.

Bogdan,

it is possible to assign partial workload to resource skill assignment.

I cannot repeat your example. When I do it Spider Project selects two units of resource A to one activity and two units of resource B to another.