Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Transfering performance data to different file versions

2 replies [Last post]
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 35 min ago. Offline
Vladimir,

I want to keep my Contract Schedule separate from SPDM versions for Optimistic, Probable and Pessimistic as Probable is not equal to Contract Plan. I also want to keep another separate Schedule for whatever, perhaps Plan B and “what if”, in this last version I will add my switches and will toggle on and of relationships at will, will be my punching bag but I don’t want to duplicate the effort on updating several versions by entering actual data once more as it is time consuming and error prone.

I remember reading one of the tables related to performance updating cannot be exported, perhaps monitoring table, and this blocked my mind about exporting performance archive, functionality now I believe will allow me to do what I am looking for.

In order to better understand this functionality I ask you, does import performance archive data from another project overrides actual values on the second?

Best regards,
Rafael

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 35 min ago. Offline
Vladimir,

Thanks that will do it just fine at a click of the mouse. It will even transfer any prior update correction I might miss if updating several versions by performing a manual or separate update for each version.

Best regards,
Rafael
Rafael,
if you will import Performance from other project all actual data will be replaced by those in the imported archive together with remaining durations and volumes of all activities that are executed.
Durations and volumes of activities that did not start will remain the same.
Best Regards,
Vladimir