Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Global change?

5 replies [Last post]
Carlos Arana
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
I’m trying to change all activities with DPH type "Duration" to "Productivity".

Any idea on how to change them all with a single command or do I need to change them one by one?

Saludos cordiales,
Carlos.

Replies

Carlos,
thank you for the movie.
We all need Global Change like this from time to time.
Saludos Cordiales,
Vladimir
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 49 min ago. Offline
Carlos Arana
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Muchas Gracias Vladimir y Rafael!
I went with Vladimir solution but I think I will need to learn formulas and Reference books in the future.

Rafael:
Sure I can pay the Coronas, but have you tasted Negra Modelo? It is the "Créme de la Beer"

Saludos Cordiales,
Carlos.
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 49 min ago. Offline
If you want to be able to latter, at any time, to restore original values without resorting to the use of an older version:

1)     You can use formulas. Use one custom field to save actual values using a formula. Use another formula to set all values equal to productivity. Then by running at will your formulas you can switch back and forth.

2)     You can use Standard Reference Books, create a Standard Reference Book for Activities with the model as is make a copy to another version of your new Reference Book and apply your changes the way you want and then whenever you want you can restore your values. Be careful this is a powerful option that might restore other values. Recommend deleting from your Reference Book all fields except Activity Code and DPH Type. You can apply formulas to reference Books independently of your model. Once you learn how to use Reference books you will be hooked, it is more powerful than import/export to Excel.

Start with formulas, and then try with reference books as a learning exercise.

The following are Reference Books Screen print out.

Activties Ref Books

After that you pay the Coronas.
Very easy! Open Activity table and Select all by clicking left mouse button on the row numbers column header (it is empty). Then right click on any row number and select Properties. Now you can select those Properties that will be applied to all selected activities. Select DPH type Productivity and press OK. If you want to select only activities of Duration type apply Filter right clicking on DPH Type column header and then do what was described above. Saludos cordiales, Vladimir