Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Multiple calendars import from .xer

1 reply [Last post]
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Situation: 4 calendars - Office 5 8s, Field 6 10s, Construction 5 10s and Elapsed Time 24/7.  How do I get PRA to properly import the durations developed in P6 8.2 by day?  Finding it difficult to think in terms of hours for a 2-3 year project.  Any thoughts appreciated.  Thanks.

Replies

Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

All;

This is so simple, I kick myself for not seeing it (duh).  All I had to do was create two new UDFs - MINh and MAXh for my Minimum and Maximum ranges.  Then run a global multiplying the existing MIN and MAX by either 8, 10, or 24 depending on which calendar was used by the activity.  Finally, when importing into PRA I used hours instead of days and MINh and MAXh as the range parameters at import.  Worked beautifully.

So pleased with myself that I may create a short video explaining the process.  I expect a couple of "You didn't know that?  It is so obvious."

This is the link to the video.  If there are any problems with the methodology, let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=T62aL-OuNDg