Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Canadian Immigration NOC Code for Planners?

10 replies [Last post]
Wasi Raza
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
This is directed towards all who have at one point applied for Immigration to Canada as a skilled worker. Does anyone know which NOC code applies for planners? I have been browsing the NOC list but seems like there is no specific category for us lot.

Any help would be great.
Thanks

Replies

kazeem Balogun
User offline. Last seen 2 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Still waiting please
kazeem Balogun
User offline. Last seen 2 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
What is Canada NOC for Planning Engineers please?
Harikrishnan Mura...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

What NOC Code did you use? I am also a Planner looking to migrate to Canada. 

Ali Mirzaei
User offline. Last seen 3 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi. Need urgent help please!!! My duties are 60% similar to noc 0711's!! But only 3,5 years of experience in construction industry. Also got a construction management master and PMP certified. My duties are : project scheduling, cost controlling, earned value analysis, progress and analytical reports, change order processing, developing project management plan, tracking project progress and measuring cost and time variances, meeting with subcontractors and controlling their performance, tracking procurement activities and providing delay reports and inventory condition, estimating required resources ro estimate project time and cost , working with primavera p6 and ... What would be the most appropriate noc? 0711 or 1221? Pleaaaaase help me. I have received ITA and i chose 0711. I can decline my ITA and change it . My CRS is 476 and have a good change to receive ITA in next draw. Hellllp me please.....
Syed Jawad Karim
User offline. Last seen 2 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Mr. Raza,

I know this is a very old post.. but were you able to find the NOC code to be used? and what happened with your immigration application?

Actually I am also trying for Canadian immigration but I don't know which NOC code is to be used. The job description that best fits my duties are 0711 that is titled as Project Manager. I don't know if this is to be chosen.

I am not a civil engineer as I have done MS in Telecom and have vast experience of working on construction projects as planning engineer. The projects are related to majority of trades involving civil, mechanical, instrumentation, telecommunications etc. and I develop the master baseline schedule and resource loading, progress monitoring, tracking and reporting and everything else that a planning engineer is hired to do for smooth project execution and completion with coordinating with all trades and phases of the project.

Alex Seligman
User offline. Last seen 15 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Well Edmonton and Calgary are both oil boom towns (like Houston used to be). I put down Calgary because I have family there which helps considerably when moving to another country.

I think they ask you where you intend to live because the Canadian High Commission has to go through various checks with that particular province - each province has a quota no. of immigrants they plan to take each year as they need skilled people to fill those skilled jobs where they is no one else to do them.

I have already had my medical (January) and sent my passport off to the CHC so that they can put in the visa. I expect to receive the visa next week.

Don’t let the snow put you off starting a life in Canada. The Canadians are far better prepared for heavy snow conditions than the UK. They are used to it, and I know that snow never stopped anyone I know who lives over there from getting to work. If that was the case their economy would collapse (never mind the global financial crisis) because no one would go to work on account of the snow!
Wasi Raza
Yes i have just sent the updated forms and documents along with police certificate. I had applied for simplified back in nov 06. Do you know what the significance of putting down the place where you intend to live? I put down Edmonton as it seems Calgary and Edmonton had more jobs for planners.

Are you somewhere around the medical test stage?

Considering the fact that i could’nt go to work for 3 days when it snowed here recently, which as you know compared to the snow they get in canada, was peanuts, i am just wondering whether its such a good idea afterall?
Alex Seligman
I’m not an engineer by background so I don’t think you have screwed up your application at all.

A few weeks ago I contacted the NOC people and asked them which code fitted the Planner description best - they came back with Civil Engineer (21...).

Since there isn’t a code which covers Planners/Cost engineers, they will go by your qualifications, and as you are engineer, I can’t see why they would turn down your application.

How far are you in the application process? I am assuming from your reply that you have submitted the update forms which include updated police certifiate etc.
Wasi Raza
oh....i just sent off my application package on the 10th feb and the closest i could find was Construction Managers 0711. My case is already complicated enough as my degree is in Electrical & Electronics engineering.
just wondering whether i have screwed my case :p
Alex Seligman
Yes, you have to put yourself in as a Civil Engineer because planners effectively work in an engineering environment. Code starts with 21.

There is no other NOC code that is closer. I put this on my application and it was accepted. Am about to receive my visa.