Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

2 positions in Belgium

5 replies [Last post]
James Barnes
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 days ago. Offline
My firm are looking for 2 planners to work in the Antwerp Haven on oil and gas maintainance turnarounds.

1. Immediate requirement for senior scheduler to join a team currently planning the shutdown/turnaround of a nafta cracker. Contract period 1 yr.
2. Starting next year, we have a requirement for a scheduler to join a team of preparators and schedulers in planning a multi-unit shutdown/turnaround for execution in early 2009. Contract period roughly 15-18 mths, possibility of extension.

Scheduling environment is P3, possible migration to P5/P6 during the run up.

drop me a PM with your contact details if interested, I will pass them on to our recruiters.

Replies

James Barnes
Brad, I’ve sent you a PM
Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 9 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Yeah thats right, in Holland you get a sofi number (NI) and you pay there tax, you do get some relief but not alot, what are you looking for in the planning positions in Belgium, have had enough of UK wouldnt mind getting out for a year or so,

regards

brad
James Barnes
Brad

you can run as a ltd company in Belgium. It’s what I do. You spend a lot in accounting fees but it is definitely worth it. You can also run as a "VAT registered independant", which is cheaper to set up and so better for a short contract perhaps.

I wasn’t aware that you can’t do that in Holland, although I know that there are restrictions in the UK (like you need multiple clients etc).
Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 9 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi james

can you still run as a ltd company in belgium or is it similar to holland where you cant

regards

brad
James Barnes
OK, not many nibbles on this one.

Let me be clear, coz I know there have been cases where people haven’t been and I noticed someone else here went out of their way to be last week, I am not a recruiter. My boss asked me if I knew any planners who might be interested in working in the country with the best beer, chocolate and chips in the world (I am english, and I have to admit that their chips and beer are better over here...)

To the 2 or 3 that PMd me I have passed your names on. We won’t be relocating people 1/2 way round the world for med term contracts though, sorry.

I should have said also but we’ll need people who can legally work in Belgium. The paperwork here is just too tedius.