Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Step for preparing EPCC Project Schedule and Monitoring method

1 reply [Last post]
Mohd Najib Ramlan
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear all,

Recently I've been assigned to prepare the project schedule for EPCC project for my company.

Before this, I'm only involve in Hook-up & Commissioning project where the schedule and monitoring is kind of straight forward comparing to EPCC project schedule where I need to develop the schedule from Engineering until commissioning process where progress and cost need to be monitor closely.

I would seek some guidance from all the senior members in this group either in giving some sample for EPCC project schedules or any guideline in preparing and monitoring the EPCC project.

Appreciate for your ideas, suggestions and any information sharing. Thanks.

Replies

Jithin Kambhikanam
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi Najib,

In an EPC Project when you make your project schedule you have to break down the project by WBS (Sometimes Client already prepare the WBS with weighted % and issue it with the tender which has to be used in progress calculation) example ,

Milestone

Engineering

You can again break down it by dicipline

Procurement

You can again break down it by Long Lead and Bulk which can be then again broken down by dicipline

Construction and Commissioning

You can break down it by Area and dicipline or if there is no area then by dicipline

You can measure the,

Engineering by Manhours

Procurement by Cost

Constuction by Cost

Overall progress you can meausre it by Clients terms (if WBS Weighted % in given which is usually WBS based) or by Cost which can give you weighted % for Engineering , Procurement and Construction & Commissioning.

Other seniors can add more detail or you can pop questions to that we can reply.

Warm Regards

Jithin