Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Beta-reader

8 replies [Last post]
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Need 2-3 beta readers of a narrative non-fiction presentation of project management tools and techniques. Book is ~100K words (21 Chapters) 62 exhibits/figures. Format is .docx, but could easily be any eBook format (ePub, mobi, etc.). Reader would be reviewing for content not grammar (accuracy, relevance, cogency). Prefer PMs with process capital project experience (Oil & Gas/petro-chemical). Please send PM if interested.  Thank you.

Replies

Dennis Hanks

Book has grown to 122,000 words. I'd like a beta reader with experience in process FEED (downstream Oil & Gas). Most of the structural errors (grammar) are fixed.

I would like verification of FEED policies and procedures. This should be an easy read, requiring minimal comment (I hope). Scope is limited to FEL 1 and 2, with reference to the other phases including risk and change control.

Thanks,

Dennis Hanks

Tom; Thank you for your generous offer. MS will be ready in about three weeks. I have added you to the list. Thanks.

Tom Reichner
User offline. Last seen 5 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Dennis,

I have written a project management manual a few years ago and more recently was the editor for the draft of the Manual of Standards of Practice for Planning and Scheduling for the Guild of Project Controls, now in publication. I would be interested in reviewing your paper.

Tom Reichner

treichner@yahoo.com

Dennis Hanks

Mike; Thanks anyway.

Zoltan; You're on the list. Will let you know. Thanks.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

I can do this for you

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Dennis

A worthy reward - pity that I know nothing about the subject.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Dennis Hanks

Mike;

Nothing, except my obligation to return the favor. Oh, and the satisfaction of knowing you contributed to a major advance in project management literature.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Dennis

How much?

Best regards

Mike Testro