Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Production rates

7 replies [Last post]
Ruby Dasan
User offline. Last seen 11 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
In the Production rates, the units are given as m2/hr, m3/day ETC. Does it mean manhour / mandays Or hours required by a standard crew ? What is the standard manday. 10hours or 8 hours?

Replies

Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Guys and Gals,

PP production rates need careful understanding. We need to know how it was generated, ie., did individual members contributed to this production rates, etc.

The danger here is that if one member from one continent contributed a particular unit rates to PP then that unit rates maybe applicable only to that specific country or worse case the production rates maybe applicable only the that particalar project wherein the contributor works.

If the contributor of a particualar production rates in PP will provide the conditions that governs or influence the calculations of a particualr unit rates, i can convert that into a universal unit rates. Then the universal production unit rates can be re-converted into specific application anywhere in the Universe including outer space construction.

How to do it?

Read or surf the net.

Cheers

Charlie
Shah Shams Alam
User offline. Last seen 12 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Rubi,
i posted the same question to PP admin and asked them to specify wether it is manday or gang day and working conditions etc, the same doubt u have. their answer was they will incude this in next edition.
Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
We were talking about the production rates the other day particuarly reinforcement. Here it was generally felt that tonnes per hour was directly related to Kg/M3 ie the more steel per m3 the more difficult to fix.
The rates dont seem to reflect this
Clive
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
i c
You r looking for assumption behind the Production Rates pages in Planning Plannet...

PP admin please help

Reading from the range of figures I cannot draw any conclusion.

Cheers

Alex
Ruby Dasan
User offline. Last seen 11 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Friends,

My Enquiry was regarding the assumptions they made in the published production rates in PP. It was not a general enquiry.

Ruby
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
1. You have to specify in your assumption attachment in the schedule to calculate number of manday per activity. I would also suggest resource load for the quantity as well to prepare later claim.

2. Ask your project manager, supervisor, what is the working hrs in the site and actual workable hrs. Ie in some of my job, it actually require 1 hrs travelling plus 30 min for security clearance. That means a 12 hrs day only have 8 working hrs. Speak to the site manager and project manager then you will have a good idea what to use.

HTH

Alex
Edgar Ariete
User offline. Last seen 5 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
1. unit per hour - it maybe a crew or an individual

2. you decide (you’re a planner)