Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Enterprise Project Management

4 replies [Last post]
Se de Leon
User offline. Last seen 2 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi guys,

I would like to start a thread about the above subject.

What are your success stories or sometimes failures in implementing it?

What are the requirements in implementing a seamless EPM?

Perhaps we could define first some terms with regards to the subject.

Thanks.

Best Regards to all.

Se

Replies

Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 15 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Mehdi,

Are you off topic ? Se wanted a thread on EPM. Perhaps you want to start a new thread either on CPM or on "re-architecturing" ?
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
We were very close to closing the deal. The project we were competing for required re-architecting the prospective clients legacy applications into a Web services architecture. This would be a significant undertaking that was mission-critical to the client.
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
While consulting project management is an important cornerstone of the IT services industry, many customers these days are reluctant to pay a CPM to handle their project.
Regards
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
From what I see, it appears that EPM has a place for many companies and industries, but there are situations (projects) where they are overkill and counterproductive.

I see a trend towards using EPM tools more as a human resource (HR) tool than as a project management (PM) tool.

Thoughts?

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software