Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

research topic in building/construction industry

16 replies [Last post]
Zuo George
User offline. Last seen 20 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, I am looking for the topic for research in building/construction industry. Have some suggestion? My interest is the application of project management methods in building/construction industry.

Replies

jonas musiime
User offline. Last seen 10 years 15 weeks ago. Offline

i great u all. can any 1 suggest for me a research topic concerning structural designing of buildingsin african countries.

Isura Gamage
User offline. Last seen 10 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

Step by step of project management is a good tropic there are tons of resources available to gather information. Please visit http://www.constructionpmblog.com/ to more info.

surya prakash
User offline. Last seen 10 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

topic based on construction managment for project can any one suggest me plz.

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

The last post in this topic was 7 1/2 years ago.

Please don't post to lnog-dead topics like this.

olawale ahmed
User offline. Last seen 12 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
I need a project topic on building maintenance
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Efficent site layout(see ASME stnd about factory), construction activity simulation and output rates estimation.
I also think the construction industry will need a better understanding of the decision tree and evaluation techniques under uncertainity.
Dinesh Kumar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Some more topics

1. Claims and their mitigation in Construction contracts

2. Risk management, its applicability and its limitations in construction projects in your area.

Regards

Dinesh
Dinesh Kumar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hithere,

As this is a planning planet,I will give you related area.

Planning and controlling systems using project management software: An investigation into their applications and implication in current context.

Thanks & regards

Dinesh
Ernesto Puyana
User offline. Last seen 7 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
How about dealing with de unfitness of ISO 9000 standard for construction projects and the development of a better standard.
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Dear sir,
Project management for building/construction industry is a
difficult case, beacuase this item has a very specific work items breakdown.
I think weight normalization in building/construction project is a good case for research study.

Tomas Rivera
User offline. Last seen 5 years 4 days ago. Offline
Murray:

Precisely, the success of my system lies on taking advantage of that unproductive time that plagues the construction industry. We accomplish very tight schedules not by trying to increase crew productivity, but by diminishing the unproductive time between daily tasks. I am talking about efficient coordination at the crew level. We do it by designing very detailed schedules of daily tasks of very specific assignments of every crew at the job site.

Tomas Rivera
Altek System
Detailed scheduling and control
of high performance construction projects
Murray Woolf
User offline. Last seen 7 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
A subject I would love to see researched formally is the percent of schedule delays that occur DURING the activity versus the ones that occur BETWEEN activities (on the relationships). It is my contention that the majority occur during relationships, and that the majority of actual durations are surprisingly close to their original planned durations. The implications of this research would be far-reaching. If you are interested, we could discuss further.
Zuo George
Hi, Christian,

The program I hosts in is the construction project management so I am not limited in civil engineering topics. Can you discuss more broader?

One of my possible topics is exploring the impacts of non-technical issues on quality in construction project management. Have some advice?

George Zuo
Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Zuo,

There are a lot of topics in the book that I think can be useful to your research. Possible topics here are:

a) General Considerations in Civil Engineering
b) Methods for diff. types/fields of construction
c) Specification for Cast-in-place concrete

Hope this help.
Zuo George
Hi, Christian,

Thanks for your response.

Can you talk more about the possible research topic in this area? One of my possible topics is quality management.

Thanks!
Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi! i suggest you try "Introduction to Civil Engineering Construction" by Roy Holmes. The book contains different methods of construction and being used by some Q.S.