Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cost Account IDs: export whole code

No replies
Michele Ciuffreda
User offline. Last seen 5 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear planners,

as in the subject, is there a way to export from expenses (no copy & paste, I aldready know this works fine) the whole cost account ID code? Normally the xls export doesn't display the whole code of cost account ID but just the last part of code (this is the case of coding made by breakdown).

For example:

Cost Account IDCost Account name
00A

Concrete

00A.01

20 N/mmq

00A.0225 N/mmq
     00A.0330 N/mmq

I have an expense with the cost account ID 00A.01. When I export the expenses to excel, in the xls sheet I see only 01. I think to avoid this problem the cost acount IDs should be at the same level and the coding should be structured like this:

Cost Account IDCost Account name
00A.01

Concrete - 20 N/mmq

00A.02Concrete - 25 N/mmq
00A.03Concrete - 30 N/mmq

but it was better if I was able to export directly the whole code and having all the cost account structure defined as it should be!

Thanks in advance for reply