Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6 Database Connection Configuration Details

5 replies [Last post]
Emily Foster
User offline. Last seen 1 year 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Guys,

When Primavera P6 Professional is installed as a standalone application, it installs a copy of Oracle XE for use as its database. If for some reason you are unable to login to Primavera P6, you need to know the steps to reconfigure the connection information. The following steps will give you the information you need http://ow.ly/inGG1

Emily

Replies

Emily Foster

Hi Ronald,

Yes, you are correct! This was introduced as part of the enhancements for R8.2 to make installation easier. The blog doesn't really call this fact out so we could add it in for clarity.

Cheers,

Emily

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Emily,

What you say is most interesting.  I am positive that the passwords are different with Version 6 & 7 installations (by that, I mean that the default admin P6 account is automatically given the ‘admin’ password and not the Oracle password.)  When I installed my P6 Professional Version 8.1 software on a new computer, the admin account also had the default admin password (while I had provided a different one for the Oracle database during installation.) 

Perhaps this is a new ‘feature’ that I was unaware of until now.  I predict a fair amount of confusion as all of the trainers that I know of expect the password to be ‘admin’ unless changed.  Most P6 stand-alone users that I know of do not remember the installation password (they thought that they were trying to guess the correct password instead of actually setting it.)

Cheers!

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 21 hours ago. Offline

Emily,

What about the compatibility of "Activity6x.xls and Dictionary60.xls" from the installed version?

I mean that, is this excel files working well with this version, R8.2?

Regards,

Raymund

Emily Foster

Hi Ronald,

I'm not sure what version you are referring to or to what installation type. The blog is based upon the R8.2 standalone installation. When P6 standalone is installed, Oracle Express is installed as the underlying database. During the installation the following dialog clearly states that "the password selected here will be used as the password for the Oracle system user, all default database users, and the application admin superuser". Am I missing something here?

p6_oracle_install.png

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

We appreciate your interest in helping out the P6 community.  I do have a correction for TheP6Pro; while the pubuser password is the password that you entered during the P6 Pro installation, it is NOT the same password as the default password used for admin when logging onto P6.  The default for that is ‘admin’.  One may change it to the one used in your example, but the two passwords are initially different.