Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Database Configuration Problem

6 replies [Last post]
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi to all,

Since last two months i was using Primavera v6.0 & now i upgrade it from Primavera v6.7.

But the problem is that whenever i m going to open my Primavera this message is appearing

"  The database has not been configured to run background jobs. To correct this problem, please contact your System Administrator or see the Administrator's Guide "

Have any solution pls reply soon..

i ill be highly obliged 

thanks...........

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mike,

I wouldn't look forward to Lynda's contributions too much. She is a spammer and I've asked admin to ban her.

Cheers,

G

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Lynda

Welcome to Planning Planet - we look forward to your contribution.

In future please try to avoid responding to long dead threads - if you have a new point to make then start a new one.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Lynda Lawrence
User offline. Last seen 12 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

[spam message deleted by Gary W]

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

As suggested by niles, the answer is in the admin guide, since the database has to be cofigured to run background jobs, the same can be done either by you if u have database knowledge or your IT support.

If you tell me your database version and Primavera version, i will post the queries that you need to run in order to fix the problem.

All in all its not a problem as such if you are using a stand-alone version since the quantity of data being feteched is not that.

Regards

Amit Parmar

walid Lahiani
User offline. Last seen 7 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Good morning,

I have one friend who changed from primavera 6.5 to 6.7 

Our administartor said to him to wait the starting of all the applications of the computer (when he open the computer) before starting Primavera

Good luck

niles luo
User offline. Last seen 12 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

hi,

We can find the solution in 'P6_70_Documentation\<language>\Product Manuals\adminguide.pdf '. The solution depends on the Database you use.

Best Regards