UPDATE - It's coming, are you ready?

Login Dialog : "The database has not been configured to run background jobs..."

1 reply [Last post]
Shane Pouch
User offline. Last seen 2 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Hello to all,

I am trying to find out why a certain dialog box appears right after I login to P6.  

So, the P6 "Login to Primavera P6" dialog box comes up on starting the program.  I plug in my password, and the the login dialog box title changes to "Connecting to database...", then "Validating user...", then this is when I get a "Primavera P6" dialog box with the following text and an "OK" button:
p6_login_message.jpg
 Can someone 1) explain what this means, and 2) how it can be resolved?  

Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

Rafael Davila
User is online Online

Try logging into SQL Server 2005 Express and highlight the pmdb$primavera database. Click on New Query and paste the following command on the query pane at top right:

select log_time, source, type, description from dbo.bgplog;

then click on Execute and that is all.

If it works good, but don't ask me why, is a solution I read somewhere else.

Market Place

We want to build software that solves real problems, allow people to work more productive and happier.
Maxim Recruitment – Recruiting Construction, Engineering & Planning Professionals Worldwide in the Infrastructure, Rail, Building and Property Sectors.
See how the TIME - LOCATION - VIEW brings clearness to your work programmes
A recruitment and consulting organisation that provides services to the European nuclear industry.
Books and training material available from an internationally recognised publisher and PMI accredited REP. Teach yourself or run your own in-house or public planning courses.
The worlds leading Primavera P6 and Deltek implementation and training company www.tensixconsulting.com
The toolkit provides advanced analytical tools which can help identify areas of poor schedule quality at the click of a button.
EVA19 is the major UK event for Project Control knowledge, know-how and networking. EVA is a conference organised by a project management practitioner for project practitioners and stakeholders
Providing permanent and interim planning related recruitment solutions to a range of contractor and consultancy organisations.