Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Export both Baseline+Current in one XER file?

6 replies [Last post]
Jenny Ingco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All P6 Experts,

I have my current schedule and I already assigned Basline to it. I try to export my current schedule as XER file and send it by e-mail but the person who import it to his computer he can't see my assigned baseline? Is there method I can send them in correct way at the same time in one XER file?

Thank you all,

Hanson 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 2 days 18 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

its alwasy a good practice to copy the original baseline schedule for this exact purpose becasue once you assign it to another schedule it gets hidden.

as Tony said restore the baseline open both projects together then export 

Alida Prinsloo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
dreams2010 dendy
User offline. Last seen 1 year 30 weeks ago. Offline

thanks Tony for your illustration

Syed Hussain
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

How to use refliction?

syed

Essam AbdulFattah
User offline. Last seen 2 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

use refliction in P6 it will include current schedule along with more than one baseline.

Essam

Tony Cabezon
User offline. Last seen 11 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

In the maintain baselines click restore to unlink the baseline, open both and export XER, the other person just needs to assign the baseline to the main project. then later on for updates you´d only need to send the main project and import it as updating.