Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera Contractor XER files working with current P6 Platform

4 replies [Last post]
Joe Cartin
User offline. Last seen 6 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have a client that is looking to buy Contractor, even though it has not been updated since version 6.2.  Can anyone confirm whether the XER's created within Contractor will cleanly open in the latest versions of P6?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 10 hours ago. Offline

once again you can always save a 8.2 or 16.1 p6 file as a lower 6.2 version

Joe Cartin
User offline. Last seen 6 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Zoltan - I respect your comments (as always), however my concerns are rooted in the issues clients have had in the plast with pre- P6 6.2 XER's not converting up to v8.2 and higher.  Since Contractor's last build was pre-v6.2, I am hesitant to have anyone purchase Contractor.

David - I don't disagree with your assessment! The client does have P6 licensing within their firm.  They are concerned with P6's cost and set up for the field. We have spoken about PPM, but they have also asked about ASTA Powerproject, which we also represent. 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 10 hours ago. Offline

yes software is always donwardly compatiable 

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 34 weeks ago. Offline

Joe,

I would have thought the lack of an answer to your query (I have used, trained and consulted on Primavera software every day for the last thirty years - and I don't know) tells you more about your client than P6.  Time for a clent upgrade......