Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Baseline Export with Current Schedule

9 replies [Last post]
Kari Lucas
User offline. Last seen 3 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
When I have tried to export a schedule with an assigned baseline, the baseline does not show up in the exported file. I went to a training where the instructor said the baseline should be exported along with the file, but when he tried to do it in the classroom it didn’t work. I’m wondering if there is some setting I’m missing. If anyone has had this problem and can offer a solution, I would be eternally grateful!

Replies

Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Is it any easier to export the baseline with the project in P6 8.1 Pro (stand alone), or do we still need to restore and then export?  I am not finding any other way and was just hoping someone else had.  Thanks.

Carmen Arape
User offline. Last seen 6 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Shareef,

You make my FRIDAY, Thanks, It works.

I am having a positive execrcise with the Client and we exchange the schedules with the purpose of critical path analysis.

I need to try option Claim Digger. The most important is to detect what he has been changing in order to achieve a Mechanical Completion DATE which It looks like impossible to achieve.

Bye

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Carmen

Project--> Maintain Baselines--> Restore (Click on the required baseline to be restored).

This detaches the Baseline from the project.

I feel P6 has complicated a lot of functions which were very easy in P3.

Best Regards

Shareef A Azeez

Roger Booth
User offline. Last seen 4 years 14 weeks ago. Offline

Carmen

When you restore a baseline, it detaches it from the assigned programme and shows up in your project list as "programme number -B1" Just export that as an xer with the original programme and then add a baseline by clicking on 'convert another programme to a new baseline of the current project' then select your B1 version of the programme.

Regards

Roger

Carmen Arape
User offline. Last seen 6 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Rodel,

Trying to understand your words:

The only way you can export baseline is by restoring it and export together or separately with current project into XER.

The soultion seems to be exporting separately BUT first I need to seed the baseline. How can I see the baseline as a separate project in my directory ??

Thanks in advance,

Carmen

Kari Lucas
User offline. Last seen 3 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you, Rodel, for clearing that up for me. I will definitely pass that on to the misinformed instructor!
mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
i have read somewhere in linkedin forum, that this feature is planned for P6.8

best regards
Mimoune
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 20 hours 51 min ago. Offline
Kari,
Who ever your instructor is... definitely wrong. You can copy, create reflection with the baseline but not in export function. Your instructor might not read Primavera reference guide.
It clearly stated: “When you export project data, some data is not exported, including timesheets and baselines. You can export secure codes and secure code assignments to XML format, if you have the correct access; however, you cannot export them to XER format.”

The only way you can export baseline is by restoring it and export together or separately with current project into XER.