Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SDK and 64 bit

4 replies [Last post]
Ron Beechey
User offline. Last seen 5 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

I have been trying to get SDK excel sheets to work in the 64 bit world but have not had any success.   Any suggestions

Replies

D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Just now. I was able to use the SDK in 64 Bit envi and P6 version 8.3.

MS SQL Database though. 

Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

According to Oracle, "Since Office is 64 bit and the Primavera SDK is 32 bit you are going to end up with an "architecture mismatch" error. Office 64 bit cannot connect to 32 bit applications, so to run the SDK Office utilities you would need to have the 32 bit version of Office installed. 

Here is a link to some additional information from Microsoft. http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/word-help/choose-the-32-bit-or-64-bit-version-of-microsoft-office-HA010369476.aspx"

So as long as you have 64 bit Excel installed, you will not be able to use the current version of P6 SDK, if I understand the issue correctly.

I have Office 2010 64 bit and SDK will not work.

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Ron,

A quick trip to the Oracle Support Knowlebase has an article on this problem:

Cause

Additional security in Windows 7 conceals the "Primavera P6 SDK" data source from users until the 'ODBC Data Source Administrator' is launched directly from the C:\Windows\Syswow64 folder using the 'Run as Administrator' option.

Solution

There are 2 methods of verifying that the Primavera Software Development Kit (SDK) has been installed:

1. Launch Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and locate odbcad32.exe
    • Right-click odbcad32.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'.
    • This will open up the ODBC Data Source Administrator.
    • Select the System DSN tab.
    • The Primavera P6 SDK data source will be listed.

1. Go to Start, Run and execute Regedit.
      • Navigate to HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\Primavera\UniversalFramework\Drivers
      • There should be a key folder called "PrimaveraSoftwareDevelopmentKit"
    Ron Beechey
    User offline. Last seen 5 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Is anyone using the SDK