Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 to P3e - Is it possible?

3 replies [Last post]
David Craig
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone would be able to assist on this small query of mine. I have been asked to put a programme together for a client of my employer. While reading through the contract, I seen a section that says the programme im putting together must 'Be constructed in Primavera P3e, as this is the *** ****** ******* ********** corporate planning tool, or in a format which can be readily and successfully read by Primavera P3e, such as Microsoft Project 2003 (or later versions).'

Now I have access to Microsoft 2007, Primavera P6.7 & Primavera P6 Professional 8.1. I feel a lot more confident using the Primavera software as opposed to MSP as i dont have much expereince of MSP.

Is it possible to use either Primavera P6.7 or Primavera P6 Professional 8.1 and convert this direcly to P3e?

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Kind Regards

David

Replies

David Craig

Thanks Ronald, your help is appreciated!

David Craig

Thanks Ronald, your help is appreciated!

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

David,

You are in luck; P3e IS P6.  P6 used to be called P3e years ago when it was in Version 3.5, then Version 4.  Then came Version 5 (informally called P5) and then Version 6 (where it started being called P6.  With Version 8, it is now being called P6 Professional.

You can open P3e XER backup files using either P6.2 or P6 Professional.  They are all the same program.  The specs requiring ‘P3e’ are just outdated.  Good luck!