Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to assign a same resource to all of activities?

6 replies [Last post]
Marco Zargarani
User offline. Last seen 4 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

I tried to assign a same resource (dummy resource) to all of my activities by using Global Change, but it didn't work properly. I think we can only change the resource name in global change, no changes in any assignments. I was wondering if there is any other way to do this?

Thanks

Mohammad

Replies

Tanveer Ahmad Niazi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Hi 2 all

This is true we can assign resources to multiple activities, but what about the units. Is there any way to assign units to multiple avtivities coz there may be couple of activities consuming same units of resouces.

Tanveer

Zeeshan Jamal
User offline. Last seen 10 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

After assigning one or more resources to Multiple activities, is it possible to assign same number of resource quantity to all the activities assigned with that resource???

Eg: if i'm assigning a resource 'X' to the activities A, B, C & D and then can it be possible to assign the quantity of X (say 'N') to all the assigned activities A, B, C & D at the same time.

michael ramos
User offline. Last seen 7 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi Mohd

yes kumar and sharref are right, if you dont want to right click then click assign first before selecting the rest of the activities

command bar buttons are also available

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Mohammed,

Kumar is right....!!!!

You can assign multiple reources to group of activties or all activties by : Selecting the activties, then right click --> Assign--->Resources.  Select the resource (or multiple resources using Ctrl + Selection). and Assign.

Best Regards

Shareef A Azeez

Marco Zargarani
User offline. Last seen 4 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Kumar,

It's not gonna happen, because when you select all of your activities, your assignment button will be useless and you can't assign any role or activity to your selection !!!!!!

Regards

kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Mohammad

you can assign the resource to all the resources by just (Shift+select)option.there is no need to go through the global change

select the resouece column in the activities layout and select all the activities and assign the resource which you need at once.