Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PATTLNK_632006_536-xerFileParser&Builder

8 replies [Last post]
Anbin Ponnith
User offline. Last seen 8 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Hai
Can Anyone Explain me what the use of this Pattlink File & How does it Help us as other Pattlink(Activity6x,Dictionary 6x)
I heard that using this Pattlink we Can Assign Activity Code Similar to WBS r in Reverse WBS similar to Activity Code.

Regards
Anbin Ponnith

Replies

Arun Vasanth
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Anbin  u back ??/ welcome

John Murzin
User offline. Last seen 5 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

the pattlink reference that Oracle puts on document has nothing to do with anything other than how Oracle identifies certain files.

The files you reference Activity6x,Dictionary 6x are part of the SDK which is basically macro-enabled excel files which allow you to do the following.

Once you install the Primavera SDK you can open the activity6x file in excel and connect to the Primavera database instance the SDK is linked to and add activity level information to any project already in the database you are using.. the get buttons get the information or data associated with the projects activities and the set buttons allow you to make changes to what activities are shown in the project, how they are linked and other attributes of the project schedule you are building. The dictionary.xls file is also an SDK file which allows you to setup project or EPS level data used for any P6 instance you are setting up. You can use this to define your EPS, Project codes, etc...

the pattlink is only a reference Oracle gives these files but they have nothing to do with the functionality of these files. You need to educate yourself in how the Primavera SDK excel files work before using them or you can easily damage the Database of projects for Primavera.

If you want any other information contact me at john.murzin@kiewit.com and I will be heppy to explain this further.

Be careful when using the SDK as novices using it in any version of it i.e. activity.xls, dictionary.xls, project.xls can screw things up more than help. If you use these files properly they are very helpful. If you do not good luck as you may screw something up that you do not expect to.

Thanks,

John P. Murzin

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 11 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Anbin,

You can use thouse files if you have installed Primavera SDK on your system. You need to instal SDK and then you can login using your username into Primavera. You can then upload data in Primavera from excel.

Regards

Amit

Check out my blog on Primavera at http://www.primaverablog.in

Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi Could please send me the XER Parser at engbasile@yahoo.com
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi Could please send me the XER Parser at engbasile@yahoo.com
Timmanna Huilgol
User offline. Last seen 10 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

where i can get pattlink file?? if u have plz send me my ID is timmanna_huilgol@yahoo.com

Anbin Ponnith
User offline. Last seen 8 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Hai Rodel
Thanks For ur Reply
I am not Familiar with Primavera database i will try to understand it.
Regards
Anbin Ponnith
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 14 hours 40 min ago. Offline
Pattlink File is XER reader and builder. You can convert XER to excel using this file and modify then create another XER and import to Primavera. The user of this Pattlink File must understand Primavera Database otherwise it will not work.