Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to do resource lag, late date curve in P6.

4 replies [Last post]
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

We have in P3.1 , resource lag and driving resource function , but unable to find the same in P6.1.....Any idea where is it in P6.0

Moreover, we had earlier lengthly discussion of creating late start / finish Curve in P6.1........But i am unable to get a solution of the same.....Any new inputs.....

regards,

Haresh Jayanth

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 13 min ago. Offline
Rodel,

Thanks to make it clear, although I do not have P6 is good everyone know the truth, the better all software the better for all of us.

Best regards,
Rafael
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 4 hours ago. Offline
Hi Rafael,
It’s also a click of a mouse. On the steps I upload, I explain different technique that the user can used when producing remaining late values, s-curve and histogram.
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 13 min ago. Offline
Feels like going backwards, when in P3 you could get Early and Late S-Curves with histograms for actual Schedule plus any 2 baselines at a click of the mouse. Is like if software developers forgot it can be programmed, perhaps they feel CPM users must be hurried up by using only early dates.

P3 S Curve
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 4 hours ago. Offline
Haresh,
In P3.x resource lag\duration specify the resource to start base on lag time and not on Activity date or duration of resource within the activity.
In P6 it’s become more specific and user can specify the planned start and finish date of each resource on activity when assigned. By default resource use activity planned start and finish date if resource planned start and finish is not specified. If you want to specify the planned start and finish date on each resource on Activity Window-> Resource Tab-> show planned start and finish date column and change the date according to resource plan. Alternatively you can use resource curve and enter the 0 as lag on the beginning of spread to dictate resource on when to start.

Driving resource by default is tick on Project Window-> Resource tab which can be edited or un-tick on Activity Window-> Resource tab-> show column Drive Activity dates. It works only on Resource dependent activity type with the combination of Fixed Unit or Fixed Unit/Time duration type. If this setting is imported to P3.x, resource will be imported as driving and if Fixed Duration and Units or Fixed Duration and Unit/Time is used it will imported as non-driving in P3.x

In regards to remaining late s-curve I uploaded to snip for your reference on how to produce remaining late spreadsheet values, s-curve and histogram on link below.
Remaining Late spreadsheet Value, S-Curve and histogram