Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

how to change dates from exported spreadsheet in XL

3 replies [Last post]
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Hi to all,

i exported my project in Spreadsheet (XLS) format.

In that XL format the format of date is like that - ’9/3/2007 8:00:00 AM.

But i want to change these format in like this -
03-Sept-2007.

So from where i hv to change these dates from Primavera or XL.

regards,,,,

Replies

Mai Tawfeq
User offline. Last seen 9 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

dear vector:

the WBS column in one of the column unteachable at all ,this happened with me one time i lost the WBS the reasoned  by modifying in WBS column in EXL.

regards.

Mai

Victor Egnora
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Rodel,

Thanks for the tip, it spare us from lengthy process just to arrive on a proper date format.

Please share your wisdom on how to update a programme using excell, and how important are the templates. I tried it once but I messed up the WBS.

Thanks

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 23 min ago. Offline
Irfran,
Export files are in text format. If you need to change the format highlight the column that need to change then press ctrl+h (Replace Command) then enter ‘ on Find what text box and leave replace with blank then click replace all. Then press ctrl+1 (Format Cell command) then format it by date format you wanted.