Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Lost of relationships between two different projects?

2 replies [Last post]
Aitor Rodriguez
User offline. Last seen 13 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, first sorry for my English.

We have a dude in our Scheduling team, we’ve two programs (one engineering and other construction), we realize back ups every days but of each one not the sum of them. The problem is that when we have wanted to restore one part we have lost all the relationships between them, because we only have the back ups of engineering or construction. I think than if we do a back up in sum there not will be any problem, but someone knows how to recovery the lost information we had?

Thanks for your time, i´ll very pleased with your help.

Best regards!!

Replies

Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Yup Rodel, u are right.... it’s useful way
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 hours 52 min ago. Offline
Aitor,
The best that I can advise is to use the excel export/import facility to restore the part missing relationship.
First open the backup file with original relationship and export it to excel (spreadsheet –xls) -> Activity Relationship then open the Project that you need to restore the missing relationship. Again export it to excel (spreadsheet – xls) with different filename.
Open both excel spreadsheet and compare the two using vlookup function in excel.
Delete all matching relationship from back-up exported spreadsheet and save.
Go to Primavera and make sure that the Project need restoration is open then import back the excel spreadsheet that you modified with all relationship missing to update the project.