Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Duration of Activity & Resource not coming same!!!!!

3 replies [Last post]
John Paul Augustine
User offline. Last seen 14 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
I have some activities in my program showing a problem.
The activity duration & duration of resource for the same activity is not coming same!!!
Why the duration coming different like this??
Can you please help me.....????

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 21 hours 47 min ago. Offline
John,
The only way to check that is on Activity Window-> Activity Detail-> Resources tab
Right Click and select customise resource column then under duration double click Original duration, under dates double click Planned Start and Planned Finish. Your planned date duration maybe originally 9.56 but change to 10 but your settings in Project Window-> Detail-> Calculation tab-> Activities (link Budget and At Completion for non started Activities is not tick)
Note: Don’t forget to show the time.
John Paul Augustine
User offline. Last seen 14 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Actually I am having activities. for example

Acivity ID----------Original Duration-------------- Activity Name
Sub001-------------------10 Days----------------------Substructure

I asssigned resources(BOQ pay items) for this activity for example.
Excavation - 100m3
Backfilling - 50 m3
This is what showing in gantt chart.
But in my resource assignments window duration for the above resources showing as follows
Resource Name--------- Original Duration-----Budeget Quantity
Excavation----------------------9.56 Days-------------100 m3
Backfilling ------------------------10 Days--------------50 m3

Why the duration for the resources & Acivity duration coming differnt in the above case?

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 21 hours 47 min ago. Offline
What do you mean not coming the same? Is the resource unit the same as activity duration * remaining Unit/time?
Can you elaborate more?