Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6.R7 Ressources loading -Allow importing the same resource many time per activity!!

3 replies [Last post]
Ahmed KHR
User offline. Last seen 6 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Dear P6 experts;

I'm facing a big problem to load ressources to P6, 

My ressources are assigned to the BOQ Items, and the BOQ items are assigned to the activities  for exemple:

1.Activity Foundation:

1.1. Concrete (BOQ)

1.1.1 worker

1.1.2 Formen,,,,,

1.2. Steel (BOQ)

1.1.1 worker

1.1.2 Formen,,,,,

In this case the ressources workers and Formen are repeated two times on the same activity, and when I'm import it from Excel to P6 only one time of the repeated ressources are imported!!!

So How can import to the same activity repeated ressource with diffrent Qty???

Your help will be appreciated, Thank you all in advance.

Best regards.

Replies

Berker Colakoglu
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

You can create your subdivisions( concrete,steel) as cost accounts and assign them to resources under same activities, so you can make a difference with your same resources.

Ahmed KHR

Dear P6 And Excel Experts;

I'm wrting this subject in order to get yours advice forthe best and short way to load the sechedule ressources from Excel to P6 using BOQ items (400 item, some items will be devided to sub.items depending to zones lenght, On diffrent bridges piers,,,,  ) each item have détail cost estimation on excel (Ressources cost: Man power, Equipement, material, Sub.Contractor)..,

I wish if we can get some excel sheets.

Thanks all for yours advice. 

Ahmed.

Ahmed KHR

Maybe my question is not clear, but for those who understand me, to avoid missing on data loading, we have to check double Activity-ressources and summaries them using excel.

Best regards.