Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Actual Quantity Compared to Baselne Quantity

3 replies [Last post]
D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
I was tasked to make a report to compare the actual quantity of the resources against the baseline resources quantity, as well as, actual cost against baseline resource cost but when I checked the options in P6 I couldn’t the option. I tried reports but still nothing.

Can somebody please help.

Thanks.

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 4 days 5 hours ago. Offline
Don’t use the assignment module and used activity module instead. Click the activity usage spreadsheet icon or select View->Show on Bottom-> Activity Usage Spreadsheet. On the bottom right screen, right click and select spreadsheet fields. Under Cost or Units you can select BL?? and actual fields that you wanted to show. If running a report don’t use resource & roles assignment and used activity instead. Click the column and under cost and unit select BL?? and actual fields to use.
D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Rodel. However, there’s no option to choose the baseline actual/budgeted units in resource spreadesheet windows. I even tried reports but to no avail. Basically we want the periodic comparison of quantities againts baseline.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 4 days 5 hours ago. Offline
You need to maintained and assigned the baseline first before you can select it. (It should be resource and cost loaded as per your actuals.) Or you can use current Project as a baseline.

If you want to show it on column select cost or unit then select BL? cost or unit. Or select Earned Value then select Plan & Actual (cost or unit)

If in activity usage spreadsheet, right click then select spreadsheet field then either cummulative or time interval select BL ??? (cost or unit) & Actual.