Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changing bar colour on P6

15 replies [Last post]
SOPHIA EBITU
User offline. Last seen 12 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,Team
I have tried unsuccessfully to change the bar colour on the gantt chart.

I want to indicate selected MEJ activities with a different bar colour different from the default green colour.

I selected the activity i want to change the bar colour,
clicked on on the bar menu, and selected the colour but it doesnt change on the chart when i apply and okay it.

It different colour shows on the legend but not on the chart itself

Anybody Pleeessss help.

Thanks all....

Replies

Kaif Mohsin
User offline. Last seen 6 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Dear Anel and Marlon,

Kindly, check the "Timescale" coloumn of your newly created bar. If the activities you want to highlight are already completed then select the "Actual Bar" and if the activites are not yet done then select the "Remain Bar" under the "Timescale" coloumn.

Hope this will sort out your problem.

Best Regards,

Kaif Mohsin

anel idriz
User offline. Last seen 5 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Can someone please help me.

how to format the color of the activity bar?

I have follow the procedure from previous posts, of establishing activity codes, assigning the code and adding a new bar including the filters. But after applying all of these the bar still did not change.

what am i doing wrong?

Any help wouldl be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Marlon Chua
User offline. Last seen 11 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Planners,

Hope you can give some assistance on how to format the color of the activity bar.

I've follow the procedure from previous post, like establishing activity codes, assigning the code and adding a new bar including the filters. But after applying all of these the bar still did not change.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

PS: I'm using Primavera 6.0

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
You are welcome.
SOPHIA EBITU
Thank you
Arnold Puy
Hi Sophia,

Sent it.

Regards.
SOPHIA EBITU

Hi, Arnold please send me the screen shot, i have sent a mail to your box

Many thanks
Arnold Puy
Hi Sophia,

No, you have created filter earlier for the galley floor repairs, select this filter.

Otherwise, email me at primavera6@live.com and I will send you the screenshot.

Regards,

Arnold
SOPHIA EBITU
it on all selected filters, should i change it to any selected filter ?
Arnold Puy
Hi Sophia,

Did you change the Filter in the View --> Bars? If not, change it to selected filter which contains only Galley floor. And check as well the position of the Bars in Bar Style Tab.

Reagrds,

Arnold
SOPHIA EBITU
Hi Arnold, i have proceeded to step three,the filter works out fine but the colour wont change, it filter out the mej activities as i selected but the colour is still default green. i changed the colour in the bar settings but when i click on apply , it doesnt change to my defined colour althouh it shows in the preview section. it dosent reflect on the chart when i click apply and ok . i appreciate your help on this
Arnold Puy
Hi Sophia,

Your newly created activity code is MEJ, assign MEJ to Galley floor repairs. When done, proceed to steps 3.

Regards,

Arnold
SOPHIA EBITU
Hi Arnold, thanks for your guide. however i have followed the steps you outline,but i got lost in step 2. where do i go to select and filter those mej activities i have identified.

Asuming Galley floor repairs is an mej, how do i apply step 2 to these before progressing to step 3.

I appreciate your reply thanks
Arnold Puy
Hi Sophia,

In addition to Alexandre info.

Try the following steps below:

1. Create a new "Activity Code" select "Modify", click "Add" Activity Code = MEJ, then "Close" then select "Add" then, Code value = MEJ; Descrition = MEJ Activities.

2. When done, select and filter the MEJ activities and assign the newly created activity code.

3. Then go to View --> Bars --> Click "Add", under "Name" as MEJ Bar, "Timescale" as Remain Bar, and in "Filter" click "New" then parameters: where: MEJ "is under" MEJ.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Arnold