Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Claim digger error in P6.2.1

2 replies [Last post]
Martin Corkill
User offline. Last seen 2 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi All,

Earlier this week, Claim Digger was working fine on my computer, now all of a sudden, it won’t work. When I start it up, it gives me a login box with the username and password already filled in (it never used to do this).

I have changed nothing on my computer, and now i get error :
Event Code 3D166E0A
I get the same error when I quit P6 and login to another database on my computer.

Does anyone have any ideas on what has caused this, and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

Replies

R. Catalan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Martin,

Try this if Arnold’s suggestions doesn’t work with you:

Go to Start/Programs/Microsoft SQL Server 2005/Configuration Tools/SQL Server Configuration Manager

OR

Go to Start/Run and type SQLServerManager.msc, click OK.

Expand "SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration" and highlight "Protocols for PRIMAVERA"

Right-click on "TCP/IP" and choose "Properties"

Click on "IP Addresses" tab.

Scroll down to "IPAll"

Clear the "TCP Dynamic Ports" column (if it is populated)

Assign "1433" to "TCP Port"

Click "Apply"

Restart the SQL Server Service

In Windows Explorer on the client workstation go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Primavera Common\Java and run dbconfig.cmd

Select Microsoft SQL Server, click Next.

Enter the pubuser password (pubuser by default), the Database Name, Database Host Address (for standalone install use localhost and for server install use the server machine name) NOTE: No instance name is required after host name, enter the TCP/IP port (1433 in this example), click Next.

Do not use an existing configuration, create a new configuration with a unique name and click Next.

Click OK.

Login to Project Management and try Claim Digger again.

Click on Tools, Claim Digger.

Let us knows if the above helps.

Best regards,
R. Catalan
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Martin,

The connection information is incorrect in the INTERNAL_PLUGINS section of Primavera Administrator

To fix this:

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Primavera Common\Java
2. Run admin.cmd
3. Enter the Database username and password

* Note the Configuration being used in the Command window. By default, this is "INTERNAL_PLUGINS"
* Expand the Configuration being used (i.e. INTERNAL_PLUGINS)
* Expand Database
* Expand Instance
* NOTE - Hit F2 or right click and select configure in order to makes changes to the URL

4. Verify that the URL Connection points to the correct database. Check the correct URL and can be found under Help in Project Management, About Primavera, System Tab then look for "jdbc:..." it looks like this:

jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;database=pmdb$primavera;

Just try this.

Regards,

Arnold