Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Error during mpp file to P6.2.1 import

5 replies [Last post]
Hillari Gilliam
User offline. Last seen 12 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I receive an error during import that states "Process completed with errors. See log for details."  The log states...

INFORMATION: Process Started: 06-22-2011 11:10:22
INFORMATION: Importing from: C:\Documents and Settings\hgilliam\Desktop\Schedule for Work Planning & Authorization Process 20110516.mpp - Schedule for Work Planning & Authorization Process 20110516
INFORMATION: Template:
INFORMATION: Microsoft Project version: 11.0
INFORMATION: Creating temporary working file...
INFORMATION: Temporary working file C:\DOCUME~1\hgilliam\LOCALS~1\Temp\prmTemp40716-4655409259.mdb created successfully.
INFORMATION: Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 (C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSJET40.DLL): 4.0.9511.0
INFORMATION: Validating Resource IDs...
INFORMATION: SQL: select * from MSP_RESOURCES where (RES_UID > 0) and ( (RES_INITIALS IS NOT NULL) or (RES_NAME IS NOT NULL) ) and (RESERVED_DATA IS NULL) order by RES_ID
INFORMATION: (Record Count: 11)
*** ERROR ***: The following resources have duplicate ID's.  Update the resource initials in Microsoft Project.
*** ERROR ***: Resource Name=Resource ID
*** ERROR ***: Tate=T
*** ERROR ***: Selz=S
*** ERROR ***: Seals=S
*** ERROR ***: TVA=T
*** ERROR ***: TBD=T
INFORMATION: Deleting temporary working files...
WARNING: Unable to delete temporary working file C:\DOCUME~1\hgilliam\LOCALS~1\Temp\prmTemp40716-4655409259.mdb
INFORMATION: Process Ended: 06-22-2011 11:10:38 

How can I avoid this and successfully complete the import?

Thanks!

Replies

Mary Lou Horton
User offline. Last seen 7 years 52 weeks ago. Offline

I cannot import xml files into P6 v6.2 even with Admin Access. I am New user on 6.2. Can anyone give me suggestion.

Says it is imported with error but nothing  - log files not helpful.

I Never had problem with V7.0

Mary Lou Horton
User offline. Last seen 7 years 52 weeks ago. Offline

I cannot import xml files into P6 v6.2 even with Admin Access. I am New user on 6.2. Can anyone give me suggestion.

Says it is imported with error but nothing  - log files not helpful.

I Never had problem with V7.0

Alex Krenvalk
User offline. Last seen 12 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

For determining given issue you may use ms project recovery. The software can work with corrupted or deleted ms project files and has many various possibilities which allowing to solve out almost every trouble associated with ms project troubles connected with power failures, viruses and etc.

h rb
User offline. Last seen 12 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

Microsoft Project.
*** ERROR ***: Resource Name=Resource ID
*** ERROR ***: Tate=T
*** ERROR ***: Selz=S
*** ERROR ***: Seals=S
*** ERROR ***: TVA=T
*** ERROR ***: TBD=T

From microsoft project you will need to change your resource names. Your issue seems to be with the multiple "t" and "s" under resources.

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Hillari,

You are in luck; I just came back from the AACE Annual Convention and one of the presenters talked about importing MS Project schedules into P6.  They said that if your MSP schedule contains any blank lines, then the import would fail much as you have described here.  Go back to your MSP schedule and delete out any lines that are blank and give it another try.  Good luck!